Thanksgiving isn’t complete without dessert! This year we’re sharing our team’s favorite Thanksgiving dessert recipes that are just too gourd to pass up.
Ashley Jankowski, Marketing Advisor
Pumpkin Pie Truffle Balls
[ ] – 4 oz. cream cheese
[ ] – 2 tbsp powdered sugar
[ ] – 1/3 cups pumpkin puree
[ ] – 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
[ ] – 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
[ ] – 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
[ ] – 1 ⅔ cup chocolate chips (or wafers)
- Mix cream crease and powdered sugar together using a stand or hand mixer. Add the pumpkin puree and mix until combined. Mix in the pumpkin pie spice, graham crackers crumbs, and cinnamon.
- Now that the mixture is smooth and thick, place into the refrigerator to cool for 3 hours.
- Once cooled, scoop the dough with a spoon and roll it into 1-inch balls. Place balls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes.
- Once the truffle balls are chilled, melt chocolate chips (or wafers) in the microwave in 30-second intervals while mixing.
- Once the chocolate is melted, use a fork to dip truffle balls into the chocolate until the entire dough ball is covered. Once dipped, let the excess chocolate drip off and place on parchment paper.
- After the parchment paper is filled, place in the refrigerator until the chocolate is hardened.
- Ready to serve! A simple, but delicious Thanksgiving treat.
Erin Doherty, Marketing Manager
[ ] – 5 Granny Smith apples – peeled, chopped
[ ] – 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
[ ] – ⅓ c finely chopped pecans
[ ] – ½ c brown sugar
[ ] – 2 tbsp maple syrup
[ ] – ¾ c all-purpose flour
[ ] – ⅓ c brown sugar
[ ] – ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
[ ] – ¼ tsp salt
[ ] – 7 tbsp butter – chilled, cut into pieces
[ ] – ⅓ c coarsely chopped pecans
- Mix all of the ingredients together. Spread onto a greased baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter until it forms pea size lumps.
- Stir in pecans and evenly sprinkle over the filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Adam Swift, Sr. UX/UI Designer
[ ] -1 sticks of melted butter
[ ] – 1/2 c sugar
[ ] – ¼ tsp salt
[ ] – 2 tsp vanilla extract
[ ] – 2 ¼ cups of flower
Lemon Filling Ingredients
[ ] – 6 large eggs
[ ] – 2 c sugar
[ ] – 1 c lemon juice
[ ] – 2 tsp lemon zest
[ ] – 6 tbsp all purpose flour
[ ] – powder sugar for coating bars and top with lemon zest
- Preheat oven 325°F
- Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a bowl. Then add flour and stir.
- Press dough firmly into the bottom of a 9 ×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 mins until lightly browned. Poke crust lightly with a fork after.
Lemon Filling Directions
- Combine sugar and flour together. Then, whisk in eggs, add lemon juice, and zest.
- Pour filling over already baked crust and bake for 22 mins until filling sets.
- After it cools, top with a dusting of powdered sugar and lemon zest, put it in the fridge and serve chilled.
Jennifer Jordan, Content Marketing Manager
Sweet & Salty Holiday Bark
I love this easy crowd-pleasing recipe. You can make the bark ahead and store it in an airtight container. This also makes a great holiday gift.
[ ] – Saltine Crackers
[ ] – 1-2 Packages of chocolate chips (You can use dark, semi-sweet, milk, or a combo of all!)
[ ] – Favorite candy (Use fall or holiday colored M&Ms, Reeses pieces, toffee pieces, etc.)
[ ] – Optional nuts (pistachios, almond slivers, etc. Toast them for extra flavor.)
[ ] – 1 stick of unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Line Saltine crackers on a large cookie tray so that the edges are touching. Cover the entire tray. If you’re cooking for a crowd grab another tray.
- Melt butter
- Brush butter over the crackers
- Put the crackers in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Watch so that they don’t burn.
- Take the crackers out of the oven and sprinkle your chocolate of choice over the crackers.
- Let the chocolate melt. (If the crackers are not warm enough to melt the chocolate, place the tray back into the oven for a few minutes.)
- Once slightly melted use an icing spatula to spread the chocolate so that it coats the crackers.
- Sprinkle on your favorite candy or nuts.
- Let the bark cool.
- Crack into snack size pieces.
- Put on a tray or store for later.