Try Taking These Small Steps to a Healthier and Happier YOU for 2021 Instead
New Year’s resolutions don’t work.
According to US News, 80 percent of New Year’s resolutions don’t live to see the light of day by the second week of February. Keeping this in mind, we put together a list of 31 things you can try to accomplish this month that will help keep your mind and body healthy. See how many you can complete. And please share with your teacher friends. These ideas will also work for high school students.
Download our printable calendar in color or our print friendly version in black and white.
- Get 10,000 steps today.
- Do a 10 minute stretch.
- Try a meditation app like Calm.
- Plan your meals for the week.
- Start reading a book just for fun.
- Create a weekly spending budget.
- Find a recipe and cook something new.
- Join a club or group.
- Take the stairs.
- Create a cleaning schedule.
- Drink at least half your weight in oz of water today.
- Look up volunteering activities.
- Clean out your closet.
- Try out a new hairstyle.
- Write in a journal about your day.
- Take a walk with a friend or family member.
- Get seven or more hours of sleep.
- Make your bed.
- Learn something new.
- Give others compliments.
- Watch less TV.
- Spend more time with loved ones.
- Clean out your car.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Treat yourself.
- Spend more time with nature.
- Eliminate procrastination.
- Take up a new hobby.
- Organize your kitchen cabinets.
- Wash your sheets.
- Create a change jar to save spare change.