‘Tis the season for giving to others. It always feels good to do something nice for someone else — and often it’s giving our time, attention, and focus to others that means more than getting or giving material goods. If you’re looking for ways to help your elementary to middle school age students receive the feeling of joy that comes with performing random acts of kindness, start with this kindness calendar that we put together for you.
Here are some ideas to help you implement this into your classroom:
- Have students try to complete as many acts as they can.
- Use the ideas for writing prompts for journaling.
- Keep a running list of the total acts of kindness completed by your class.
- Use some of the ideas, for example, thanking healthcare workers as a class project so that everyone creates a thank you card.
- Get families involved! This is a great way to stay connected to parents and guardians. The more the merrier.
We hope this helps you and your students spread holiday cheer. Happy holidays from all of us at PLS Classes.